First: Establish the Authentication Process
Now you’re ready to configure the Connector.
Open SharePoint Setup and fill out the following fields:
- Base URL – This is the URL for your company SharePoint
- Client Id (Called Application Id under the App Registration)
- Client Secret (You just created this)
- CallBack URL – should be https://businesscentral.dynamics.com/Production?page=70319501
(If you’re setting this up in a sandbox, replace “Production” with “sandbox”)
- Base Folder. The base folder for your Document Library in SharePoint. The default document library is called /Shared Documents
Click Connect and go through the authentication process. When completed, your Connection Status should change to Connected to SharePoint.
Create a line for each data type you wish to activate the SharePoint Connector. Specify what fields to use for folder creation. In my example, I use the Customer name as Caption and the Customer Number as specification.
When the table mapping is created, the SharePoint FactBox is shown on the Card of the selected type. (If that data type has a Card page).
You can assign reports to the SharePoint FactBox, so it’s easy to generate documents directly from the Card. Add a report, perhaps specify a Custom Layout, to the table to run the report and upload the result directly to SharePoint.
Watch SharePoint Connector Videos
Add a SharePoint FactBox to Any Page
See How You Can Exhale More Deeply By Working with EFOQUS
Contact us today to see how you can achieve your Dynamics 365 goals and objectives with help and support from the Dynamics 365 experts at EFOQUS.
We'll work with you to guide you every step of the way so that you can achieve more while experiencing the 'deep exhale' feeling that comes with working with EFOQUS.